Adult Orthodontic Treatment
Orthodontic treatments aren’t just for children and teenagers. If you’re an adult seeking improved oral health and aesthetics, contact Heller Orthodontics. We offer adult orthodontic treatment in Laurel, MD, custom designed to address your specific needs. Our team of skilled orthodontists delivers a professional and highly personalized experience, using innovative techniques and advanced technology.
Adult Orthodontic Treatment
Even if you had braces as a child, it’s possible that some shifting has occurred over the years. Things change as adults; teeth are damaged and need repair, tooth pockets deepen, permanent teeth are lost, etc. Adult orthodontics can treat a wide range of alignment issues that either developed later on in your life, or were never properly addressed when you were younger. Either way, we understand that each patient’s orthodontic requirements are unique. Whatever your adult orthodontic needs, we have an effective solution ready for you.
Incorporating Advanced Technology
Our orthodontic practice employs cutting-edge technology for diagnosis and treatment planning. We’ve invested in state-of-the-art equipment that enables us to offer the best possible adult orthodontic treatment for our customers. We believe that incorporating advanced technology helps to ensure a higher degree of comfort for you as well as better and more predictable outcomes.
Our range of treatments includes:
Traditional and Ceramic Braces
As a tried-and-true method, traditional and ceramic braces remain a reliable choice for correcting dental misalignments. They’re more comfortable and visually appealing than ever before, making them a solid option for adults.
Invisalign Clear Aligners
Invisalign and other clear aligners offer the convenience of a removable appliance and the subtlety of almost invisible aligners. These are a great option for adults who want a less noticeable form of orthodontic treatment.
Lingual braces are similar to traditional braces but are affixed to the inside of the teeth, making them completely hidden from view. These are a fantastic choice for those seeking the highest level of discreetness without sacrificing effectiveness.
Common Adult Conditions to be Treated With Orthodontics
When you come in to Heller Orthodontics, we can assess your individual needs. We treat many adults in and around Laurel, MD. Common conditions that we see include:
- Malocclusion – This condition includes overbite, underbite, and crossbite. If left untreated, malocclusion can result in jaw pain, difficulty chewing and abnormal wear on the tooth.
- Crowding – Insufficient space can lead to overlapping or crooked teeth. Besides the aesthetic concern, crowding makes oral hygiene challenging, thus increasing the risk of tooth decay and gum disease.
- Crooked Teeth – Far from being just an aesthetic issue, crooked teeth can negatively impact oral health in a wide range of ways.
- Gaps Between Teeth – Apart from an aesthetic concern, gaps can cause shifting of the teeth, affecting the alignment and bite.
- Incorrect Jaw Positioning – This can lead to an imbalanced facial appearance and may cause issues like sleep apnea or chronic jaw pain.
It’s possible that you’ve suffered from some of the symptoms mentioned above, such as jaw pain, difficulty chewing or sleep apnea, and not realized that adult orthodontics is a potential solution! Contact us today to discuss your situation.
At Heller Orthodontics, we understand that, as an adult, your lifestyle and commitments are very different from teen patients. We drive to make the process of adult orthodontics as convenient and flexible as possible. Contact us today to schedule a consultation with one our orthodontist in Laurel, MD. We look forward to working with you on a better and healthier smile!