To help us create the beautiful, straight smile you want, we proudly equip our office with the most state-of-the-art technology, such as the True Definition Scanner by 3M. This digital impression system replaces the uncomfortable, gag-inducing, unpleasant-tasting, messy, and sometimes inaccurate, traditional impressions. No bulky trays or sticky putty needed!
Using the narrow, lightweight, ergonomically balanced True Definition Scanner wand, we will take three-dimensional (3D) digital images, or impressions, of your teeth, facial anatomy and bite pattern. Designed to have the smallest profile on the market, the True Definition wand is easy to handle for staff and makes the process more comfortable for patients.
The True Definition Scanner has 3D-in-motion technology which displays the digital scan on a monitor – in real time as the scan takes place! This allows the doctor to have the most accurate visibility and control. The digital impressions can then be securely transmitted to many laboratories and will integrate with a number of major manufacturers.
Benefits of using the True Definition Scanner instead of putty impressions include:
- Accuracy: True Definition captures the exact contours of your teeth.
- Efficiency: The digital scan require less time in the treatment chair.
- Comfort: With the sleekest wand on the market, taking True Definition digital images is less invasive. No putty is used, and patients are more comfortable without fearing they will gag on the impression putty.
- Visualization: The real-time scan provides the doctor and patient with an accurate picture of what their oral anatomy looks like.
- Innovation: The True Definition Scanner uses the most advanced 3D-in-motion video technology and has the smallest wand in the industry today.